cutting out

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokeseys

Reaction score
more problems. after getting my bus started i decided to take it for a drive. got about a mile and it started to feel like it was pulling back then started to lose power before cutting out. it started straight away and i was able to turn back home without cutting out.
i have fitted new fuel pump and in line filter just under the tank.
i have moved distrubutor to change fuel pump so probably affected timing!!
any advice please

Are you looking for advice on the cutting out problem or the timing?

After you changed the fuelpump and filter did the problem still occur? In other words, is the problem still there now?
You didn't have to move the distributor to change the pump. Perhaps you only took off the distributor cap with the wires? This goes on in one way only, so not much can go wrong there.

Maybe you should be more specific what you want advice about.

hi. cutting out really. as mentioned i removed the distrubutor as i was not aware i could change the pump by just removing cap. anyway problem was not there previously and was running okay.
i have changed all fuel lines and added new fuel filter. i changed pump because i was getting fuel into oil.

anyway took it for a drive yesterday and after about a mile it started to pull back with lack of power before cutting out
it did start first time and i turned round and went back home without cutting out.

so because i have disturbed the timing i am wondering if the cutting out is fuel related or whether the timing would cause this?? i cleaned carb out last year and replaced filter in tsnk as well as an inline one, but something is telling me its an issue with fuel and just wanted to know whats the best action to take.

i might go out in the van and see how it goes

Sounds similar to my issue a few weeks ago. Try looking at the coil.

Alex

Have a scroll through. I think the posts are on page 2 now. It will outline really clearly my issues, they might be the same as yours.

Simply fitted a new coil (and fuel pump but you've already done that) and all the issues were sorted!

Alex

It sounds like a fuel problem to me, becauase it cuts out and then starts again as if some fuel has managed to get to the carb.
If the timing is off it will always be off, so it would also run bad on the way back home after it had cut out. Same goes for the coil.
Is the fuel filter on in the right direction? Are the fuel lines connected correctly? No sharp turns in the lines?
What if you rev it up for a while at home, does it cut out too? And after it cuts out do you see fuel in the filter?

Latest posts