Danbury poptop

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolandtheclipper

Reaction score
Has any one got one with gas struts at the fron and back ? Mine has the balls to take struts on the lid but in the middle but nothing on the Camper. And it had no fabric.

I need to know where the struts attach to the roof part of the Camper and if poss as much information as possible on the struts. I am guessing it's never been fitted

Hi I have a 1972 Danbury crossover, I have four spring loaded struts not gas ones. There are brackets on the fibreglass roof in each corner, and a substantial bracket on each side of the camper body at roof level exactly half way down the opening. The brackets on the lifting part are of a U shape with a pin going through to hold the struts, the same sort of design is also on the camper body, there are no balls on the lid to take the struts. Would check if this is a proper Danbury top first. I am in Yorkshire if that is of any use for you to come and see.Mike

The hole is the correct Danbury but the roof is not the original. think we have managed to get it working in a way the westy does

Latest posts