Deep Sump - Engine Removal...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazmidas

Reaction score
Morning,

Can anyone confirm if you can remove an engine with a deep sump on a trolley jack? Or you do have to remove the deep sump first?

Regards
Gareth

Cant see any reason why it cant be removed as normal regardless of the sump depth

StuF said:
Cant see any reason why it cant be removed as normal regardless of the sump depth

I was more thinking if the aftermarket deep sump would cope with the weight of the engine?

Gareth

I always use a length of wood with a circular hole cut out for the sump plate so the load is spread out across the bottom of the engine.
Should be ok if you use that method

I have a deep sump and remove mine with it attached! And put back in!

As stu has said, piece of timber with a hole in, I have pieces of ply with centre cut out if one to house the trolley jack which is screwed to the larger piece to spread the weight. Just make sure it's central and not to one side and should be ok.

Good luck!

StuF said:
I always use a length of wood with a circular hole cut out for the sump plate so the load is spread out across the bottom of the engine.
Should be ok if you use that method
Spot on, just be carefull when pulling it out as its top heavy and can easy fall over.

Latest posts