Diesel heater fitting

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
matty74 said:
Yes I know the type of cupboard you mean,
100250391d664b97b7a783a445068681.jpg

Would this type (this is in my garage) fit in your cupboard?

Granted you’d have to elbow down through the floor to tie into your front pipe, unless you were happy just to blow warm air through a vent on the far side of the cupboard. Then it’d just be an exhaust and cold intake down through the floor.

The controller unplugs so you can mount it elsewhere ... I guess your cupboard becomes useless in terms of storage though ... just a thought.
Yeah I had considered that type, which I'm probably going to order for my garage that's going to be built soon (fingers crossed), but the architect has specified tapping in to my house's central heating, or I could use it in my summer house to turn it into a summer house, so I might order one anyway.

I'm currently disassembling the dormy interior so I can get the floor up and do some mains rewiring to the euro socket on the outside (hidden behind the kitchen/cooler cabinet), so I'm keen to see if there's already some holes in the floor that I can repurpose, without cutting any more. One never knows what one will find.

Coda said:
matty74 said:
Yes I know the type of cupboard you mean,
100250391d664b97b7a783a445068681.jpg

Would this type (this is in my garage) fit in your cupboard?

Granted you’d have to elbow down through the floor to tie into your front pipe, unless you were happy just to blow warm air through a vent on the far side of the cupboard. Then it’d just be an exhaust and cold intake down through the floor.

The controller unplugs so you can mount it elsewhere ... I guess your cupboard becomes useless in terms of storage though ... just a thought.
Yeah I had considered that type, which I'm probably going to order for my garage that's going to be built soon (fingers crossed), but the architect has specified tapping in to my house's central heating, or I could use it in my summer house to turn it into a summer house, so I might order one anyway.

I'm currently disassembling the dormy interior so I can get the floor up and do some mains rewiring to the euro socket on the outside (hidden behind the kitchen/cooler cabinet), so I'm keen to see if there's already some holes in the floor that I can repurpose, without cutting any more. One never knows what one will find.
Fun and games [emoji106] very rewarding though [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't have any condensation problems associated with the heater recirculating the air. Recircualting the air is more efficient, as you are just heating the cold air inside the camper. As we have a pop top there is no shortage of fresh air anyway. You can have it plumbed in either way, but I believe you need an extra temp sensor on the inlet if you are drawing in outside air.

There is only one petrol fired heater on the market and that is the Webasto Airtop 2000, just checked the price for reference and at Butlertechnik it's about £800 for the simple rotary control knob version. So it's quite a bit more than the chinese heaters but it is a well established brand and has been reliable for me the last seven years. The convenience of being connected to the petrol tank is another big plus, as there is no extra fuel container to think about.

Yes Mike, the one I was looking at is called the Air Top 2000 STC (https://heaters4you.com/for-areas-less-then-12-m/20-air-top-2000-st.html), I'm not sure if its exactly the same one, but it is available quite a bit cheaper. In the end I decided I'd save a few hundred quid and deal with the extra diesel tank.

I think I'm going to be putting the heater under the bed, partly because I have the holes in the wall already for the extra heating vents that the buses came with, I could push the hot air into one of these, and I think it would come back up through the totem pole, and through the main area floor vents. The other hole I could use for the fuel line, intake and exhaust air so I don't have to cut into the floor. For the diesel tank I think I'm going to make a bracket to attach it next to the leisure battery (left side of the engine).

Wow that is a lot cheaper! I wish I had only paid that when I got mine in 2013 [emoji24]

Whatever heater you put in, it definitely improves the camping experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts