Different wing mirrors?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiki-Al

Reaction score
hi guys, anyone ever fitted anything but the box standard mirrors?

I know they are really good at doing their job but i do find them a tad dull. Tbf i always look over my shoulder anyway as they vibrate so much :mrgreen:

I was thinking more bullet style!
any pics would be great.

Tiki

Someone on here has put a kind of Swan neck style mirror which look ace! cant remember who tho :oops:

I've just got some elephant ear style mirrors. Will put some pictures up when I've fitted them.

elephant ear! they sound huge! :lol:

get some pics up of them beauty's dude!

anybody know the bolt size that fits the door thread? is it M8 by any chance...got a feeling it's bigger.

was looking at these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Classic-Bullet-Wing-Door-Mirrors-Chr-Aluminium-Pair_W0QQitemZ290406039099QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item439d8c7e3b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tiki-Al said:
anybody know the bolt size that fits the door thread? is it M8 by any chance...got a feeling it's bigger.

was looking at these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Classic-Bullet-Wing-Door-Mirrors-Chr-Aluminium-Pair_W0QQitemZ290406039099QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item439d8c7e3b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Deffo bigger than 8mm Al, more like 12mm me thinks :?:

yeah thought so, ive changed my mind anyway :roll:

Went out to the garage to pull the van out to measure up and realised how much i use them to shoehorn the bus in and out of the garage. Anything else and i'd be struggling so they are staying for now!

Got these on mine and they work just as well as the big jobbies

detail08.jpg

they do look great, espesh with that belt line too.

did they just bolt straight on?

I think they look great on a crew cab like that, they just fit with the whole look of the bus.

sorry to dig up a thread. Want to fit some different mirrors. Can I ask. Is the mirror M10 or M12 thread size into the pivot section?

nice work here.

thanks
michael

clyde said:
Got these on mine and they work just as well as the big jobbies

detail08.jpg

Latest posts