• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dipstick tube and backplate for a 1600 TP with AS Cases

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eeza

Reaction score
My dipstick is held to the flange thingy by chewing gum (its PTFE tape :lol: ) as the threads have been damaged (butchered) by a PO at some time in its life.

I removed it to have a look but it’s really not in good shape...

Anyone got one :?:

Except you say it's an AS case, I have said it's a converted Type 3 case...any chance of a picture to clarify exactly what your after, I have a scrap case that still has the dip stick tube in.

:)

Ok, Heres a picture of the offending Item

IMAG0465.jpg

Moler the cases are stamped AS 41 (+ some more numbers) on the bottom at both sides (under the pushrod tubes)

There is an Engine number but its not in the conventional place under the Dynamo stand, Its blank there, the engine number runs from the the front towards the back of the engine between the fuel pump and the Dynamo stand....

So AS are type 3 cases ? that kinda makes sense that when I look at diagrams of Tin for a 1600 TP in a T2 mine seem a little different :)

Thanks for the linky that looks to be just the job :p

AS41 is the alloy used for the case, the other numbers are part numbers.

The position of the engine number makes it a Type 3 engine case.

The engine number, the one stamped on the top of the engine, should be prefixed by a letter, non of which are AS for the type 3????

Happy to help :)

Latest posts