Dirty Harry's westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
proper tidy bus mate!!! very good attention to detail. best Westy i've seen.

Woody

WOW! That is one good looking westy! Great job on the floor and panels. I'm in the states but how did you find the white baltic birch panels? I'm not sure that we can get the white over here and I really want to do mine too. Awesome bus!

Thanks for the positive comments :D :D

@71whitewesty, i just used baltic birch plywood in B/BB quality and treated it with 3 coats of clear satin gloss floor varnish, this varnish has a build in UV filter but it's getting a little darker now by the sun.

@monkeyvanwestybike
I will swap it for my ex British Airways Ford Fiesta ?
Very very tempting mate :mrgreen:

Dirty Harry said:
Thanks for the positive comments :D :D

@71whitewesty, i just used baltic birch plywood in B/BB quality and treated it with 3 coats of clear satin gloss floor varnish, this varnish has a build in UV filter but it's getting a little darker now by the sun.

@monkeyvanwestybike
I will swap it for my ex British Airways Ford Fiesta ?
Very very tempting mate :mrgreen:
Sweet! ile sort out the V5 :lol:
ba.jpg

This bus makes me feel sad about mine :cry:

Love it! 8)

Clem said:
This bus makes me feel sad about mine :cry:

Love it! 8)

Thanks Mike!, to be honnest your bus was my inspiration ;)

Today i finally fitted my firetec system, lets hope i never need it
And the Gene Berg (bus) breather came on, this is a very nice fabricated part :D , now i have to make a connection to the second air filter so i can breath trough 2 filters.

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

That is one great looking engine bay 8)

And another Firetech system has been installed too :mrgreen:

Today i took her for a spin after i bled the rear brakes.
I'm now running on wagenswest spindles and creative adjustable spring plates (for that finetuning).
Next week i take a visit at the alignment centre but it drives already supricingly good 8)
Few snapshots i took today.
DSC00239.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

A few shots i took today after changing the engine oil and testing the new berg breather box.
The breather box seperates the air and oil perfect now, way better then the original oil filler.
And i'm loving the new stance :D
DSC00257.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

Harry please stop posting pictures as I can't stand it... :mrgreen:
I'll be so scared to park my van next to yours... In fact I think I'll never dare :roll:

What a great detailing you've accomplished on your ride... I'm so f**** jealous :shock:

Latest posts