Dirty Harry's westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry please stop posting pictures as I can't stand it...
I'll be so scared to park my van next to yours... In fact I think I'll never dare

What a great detailing you've accomplished on your ride... I'm so f**** jealous
I wil do my best not to post more pictures, but soon i have to because there will be another update ;)

Awesome stance Harry!

Thanks Bob, not slammed like most on here but it's better as it was with the sagged rear and the nose high up.

davebug said:
Really Really Really sweet bus Harry,would love that on my drive !!!!! :shock: :shock:

Thanks!, i would love to have yours on my drive as well, very cool bus you have 8) 8)

Today it was a nice day day to test my awning, very pleased with it :D
DSC00324.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

DSC00305-1.jpg

DSC00315-1.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

Hi DH!

Cracking pictures, love the shots on the bridge, and how clean are your sunvisors?! They look like perfect pieces of porcelain!

The awning looks great - where did you find it, is it a NOS bargain? I know you like your NOS DH!!

Cheers!

Alistair

aogrady said:
Hi DH!

Cracking pictures, love the shots on the bridge, and how clean are your sunvisors?! They look like perfect pieces of porcelain!

The awning looks great - where did you find it, is it a NOS bargain? I know you like your NOS DH!!

Cheers!

Alistair

Hi Alistair,

Ha ha, no the awning is not a NOS bargain :oops: , i used the origianl westfalia gutter rubber and stitched some heavy cotton tent fabric to it.
And the sunvisors are repro's :oops:, but someday i'll find some NOS ones....just kidding

We had a great campout weekend on a very nice location only 15km from our town, later a splitty mate joined us too.
It was a weekend filled with boating,fishing, grilling and chillin we even were allowed make a small campfire 8).

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

3463376074.jpg

217613_220296721318789_100000153871140_1030353_3316291_n.jpg

3547061362.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

Search the busses :mrgreen:
DSC00377.jpg

Oh yeah and i got my new westy curtains in, these are the repro ones from dolly daydeam on here, great stuff and excellent service they come with all the bits and bobs to complete the job, i'm very pleased with them :D :D

Small udate:
Finally found a VDO oldstyle rev counter to match my other instruments, and installed it on the steering column.
Also got some nice westy plaid pilows to match me new curtains, and i found a NOS set of WEGU mudflaps (not sure if i'm gone use them).
DSC00432.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00429.jpg

Like the pod mounted to the steering column 8)

Keep those changes coming - no matter how minor :D

Harry, I said it before and ill say it again. Perfect! I never tire of drooling at your bus fella :mrgreen:

Just

To be honest (and I'll get shot down in flames for this) I always thought a Westy was a bit old man. I'd have this one in a heartbeat though, superb stuff. I imagine this bus is even cleaner in the flesh.

Des

5erge said:
To be honest (and I'll get shot down in flames for this) I always thought a Westy was a bit old man. I'd have this one in a heartbeat though, superb stuff. I imagine this bus is even cleaner in the flesh.

Des

Thanks Guys :D

A westy is a bit old man....mmm, wel then i'm OK with my age of 47 :mrgreen:

Latest posts