distributer school boy error

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molbyj

Reaction score
Afternoon people, I wonder if you guys could help?

Ive just removed my 009 distributer to replace with one that has vacuum advance, only to find out it needs a slighlt different condensor. So ive put it back together and now I cant start it :oops:

Basicaly I haven't got a clue where to start but got a feeling its an easy fix......hopefully

Thanks, Ross

The positions of the wires going from the dissy cap to the plugs are 90 degrees different on an 009 compared to a stock dissy. You have to shift all four of them one position round.

I'd start with the basics and check you have plugged it all back together right. You mention condeser is that reconnected properly
After that I would check you have a spark.

aye, that's your problem... you need to move the leads around when going to/from an 009. each 1 position anticlockwise in your situation from memory, but could be wrong.

Doh!

It was a school boy error, ive just found my problem.

When I looked at it again I noticed it didnt look like it was sitting right, took it out and put my in in and noticed it needs to locate in the slots :oops:
Located properly, tried it and it fired up :)

Yes I am a numpty, but im learning (the hard way)

Thanks for your replies

Ross

Latest posts