Dormobile roof troubles

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nesquik

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm on a clean up with Marvin :) today I decided to oil the roof parts the spring bit and the lifting arm, I then discovered the lifting mechanism was basically holding itself up with dust n crap :( hence the reason why it doesn't stay up now. Should the clip have a hole to nestle in and stop it sliding down arm ?
utf-8BSU1BRzEwOTMuanBn_zpsebc4c76e.jpg

Again sorry for crap pic had to photograph while holding roof up with my head :sad0049:
Any advice will be much appreciated :)
Many thanks
Gary

Yes mate...there is a hole that the clip latches into.it sort of goes right the way up, then settles back down into the hole,so you may have to push the roof up further than you want it to locate the hole. Hth - Rob

Doris said:
Yes mate...there is a hole that the clip latches into.it sort of goes right the way up, then settles back down into the hole,so you may have to push the roof up further than you want it to locate the hole. Hth - Rob
I've pushed it fully and don't seem to have hole could at some stage someone fitted a new one and fitted it wrong ?? I will try again tomorrow with Big Lou ( huge Kiwi at work) maybe me being a short arse don't help
Thanks for help
:mrgreen:

On mine you need to give it a good shove (you would think too far) to get it to slot in. I pop it up and then do one side at a time....

As above, mine can be a bit of a bugger. You have to push it a long way and the canvas can be tight.

Just a thought....if the roof support rods have been taken off at any point & the two inner rods re fitted to the wrong side by mistake,then the holes will be facing the outer edges,opposite to the clips.may be worth opening it right up while feeling for a hole on the side of the rod,facing away from you. Easy done when refitting.

Doris said:
Just a thought....if the roof support rods have been taken off at any point & the two inner rods re fitted to the wrong side by mistake,then the holes will be facing the outer edges,opposite to the clips.may be worth opening it right up while feeling for a hole on the side of the rod,facing away from you. Easy done when refitting.
Thanks Rob
I was thinking the same as when I push roof to max I can't see any hole :(
Cheers Gary

SORTED :bliss:
I loosen the top bracket and noticed there s three positions to set the lifting arm I pushed it the top one and HEY PRESTO a small hole appeared :party0006:

Whoever had messed about it with it b4 had fecked it right up :evil:
And didn't do roof any favours by their incompetence :(

Latest posts