Down she goes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
My mates bus has been stock since he got it 2 years ago so the other day i made some drop spindles for him and we got to work fitting them up.
They worked a bit better than expected so he had to go and buy some new wheels because the old ones were slightly to big to fit under the tub once we had finished.
leebus057-1.jpg

leebus060.jpg

leebus061.jpg

leebus062.jpg

just drop spindles and one spline at the back good stance i think and the wheels look good to

This is mine with the same spindles on but with adjusters and narrowed
porthcurno080.jpg

I do love a low bus :D :D

great work mate - love the stance - please tell me how to make dropped spindles work without tyres rubbing and the beam getting a hammering. what shocks/tyres you running and have you kept standard shocks at the back??????

ta
Rob

Made the spindles at home took some work. Got some stronger ball joints pressed and flipped the arms have been running these for a while they seem to hold up well and have been through quite a bit of a hammering .

I run spax adjustable shocks at the frount and shorter gas adjust on the rear as far as hitting the beam goes i cut 3" off the bottom and welded some skid plates on to (sort of ) protect the beam works ok for me and the ride is good just wish i made my tubbs bigger so i could go lower

nice one - would love to see some pics of the spindles/beam etc :D

Great stance, hope my westy looks as good when I get time to fit all the bits...good job!

Good work mate! :D

Thanks for the wheels by the way, sounds like we know a few of the same peeps around N/a so may see ya around at some point! just gotta get my bus legal in the next few weeks!

Done loads of bits to the riviera lately some more pics

BUSPICCYS061.jpg

BUSPICCYS051.jpg

BUSPICCYS050.jpg

BUSPICCYS044.jpg

BUSPICCYS043.jpg

BUSPICCYS040.jpg

BUSPICCYS039.jpg

BUSPICCYS038.jpg
BUSPICCYS037.jpg

BUSPICCYS034.jpg

BUSPICCYS033.jpg

BUSPICCYS024.jpg

newstance034.jpg

the last pic is the most scary thing iv have done to the bus.