Dubfreeze bargain

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

66nige

Reaction score
Had a great day out at Dubfreeze, picked up some great bargains culminating in a firewall for a '68 for £25 :D I've seen these for as much as £80 at Busfest :shock: and £60 at Skegvegas :roll: so to find one for £25 was a right result!

Anyone else drop on any bargains?

Can't say I did this year. Usually do well but now the Bus is getting nearer to completion the scope is reducing. Did okay but not as good as previous years :( Still! did enjoy the show. Was knackered at the end all that walking round and pondering the options. Well attended again!

66nige said:
Had a great day out at Dubfreeze, picked up some great bargains culminating in a firewall for a '68 for £25 :D I've seen these for as much as £80 at Busfest :shock: and £60 at Skegvegas :roll: so to find one for £25 was a right result!

Anyone else drop on any bargains?

Not being funny but you do know 68 MY buses didnt have firewalls fitted

Not being funny but you do know 68 MY buses didnt have firewalls fitted[/quote]

Yes Graham i think they were fitted from around mid '68. I just wanted to fit one to:
A. Have a barrier between tank and engine
B. Perhaps cut down the engine noise a little.

As i said i've seen these for silly amounts, was nice to not get fleeced. The earlier ones are rarer as they are different from 1970 onwards ones.

I got, what appears to be a NOS exhaust for £15, a pair of MINT 165/50/15's for the front wheels for £20 and a R&R bed for £50 :)

66nige said:

Yes Graham i think they were fitted from around mid '68. I just wanted to fit one to:

As i said i've seen these for silly amounts, was nice to not get fleeced. The earlier ones are rarer as they are different from 1970 onwards ones.

from May 68 they had a firewall.. my June 68 has one, still a 68MY.. tut tut Graham ;)

And that's a good price

Analog said:
66nige said:

from May 68 they had a firewall.. my June 68 has one, still a 68MY.. tut tut Graham ;)

And that's a good price

Mines a March '68 without, i'm happier with one especially for £25! :lol:

Latest posts