Earliest RHD bay - anyone know of any older ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soysauce3

Reaction score
I see in the features section theres a bay built on 22nd sept 67....well heres my dads bay ....

pict2.jpg

I got the "birth" certificate from wolfsburg and heres some of what it said,,,,,

Chassis: 218 019 900
Built on : 19/9/67
Left factory on: 23/9/67

So... could this be the earliest bay???

It started out as a panel van but was converted into a devon caravette.

Not sure if this was the right section to post this in , but i did register it on here quite a while back , but heard nothing back and just wanted everyone to know about it :D

Nice early bay you got there.
there is a few older bays in here.
Like this: http://www.earlybay.com/Features/tabid/56/Default.aspx
And mine: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=1187

It's not bad owning a 68, I for one, am a bit jelaous, but as long as it's wide-five I'm pleased. Allthough the pick up is the oldest known you guys might want to compete who's owning the oldest RHD bus! Go for it!

rude bus dude! I would put it back to a panel personally, loads of work but well worth it. :wink:

Yes thats still pretty early (first 19,000 built ...) - the register is a bit of an ongoing project but I do hope to publish a version soon ..

Yes interesting point about earliest RHD - this may be it so far ??

I think "surviving" is the best description for lous bus! :lol:

seriously it may look rough but it gets her everywhere! i had to drive it a few years back when the throttle cable broke, ill always remember when lou said the clothes peg was for "full throttle"! :shock:
that along with the throttle cable in ten pieces will always stick in my mind!

:lol: I was at V.world on saturday this year as for once i got the day off!
The van's currently having LOTS of welding done lol all the interior apart from the front seats has been taken out :shock: Least it'l be solid when it finally returns :D

i shall give it a thorough inspection! no more pop rivets or clothes pegs i hope! :shock:

when you popping over for a cup of tea? :wink:

Hi Lou,
watch out for me & Nic in this for the show season. It might get a lick of paint soon if I can get the time...

21022007093.jpg

Date stamped 11/69 so not that old really...

one of my friends has a 15th Aug 67 panel, I have a 25th Aug 67 westy and Steve bear is just about to pick up a Sept 67 deluxe... however they are all LHD so yours could well be the Earliest RHD

I didn't realise yours was that early Louisa, does it still have the body colour dash, long neck interior mirror etc?

Yes, the dash is the original neptune blue paint and it still has the original blue front seats and door cards. It also still has the original interior mirror :D ....once its back from having its welding done ile post up some pics...or even some work in progress ones if i can get any!

am i any where near the earliest rhd micro bus with 228 084078 :wink:
im clutching at straws ,i want to known for something other than my bad spelling :lol:

Latest posts