• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Early Bay for breaking

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidoft

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Bay-less
Van Type
van
Engine sold
All removable panels are rotten

Excellent Devon moonraker roof , double bed etc £1250, canvas , bed and roof in excellent condition

gearbox £350

dash pod £150

empi narrow 5s £150

anything you need ask, chassis looks good , plenty of cuts too

Hi, I can see the outer door skins are rotten is the bottom inner of the RHS door any good? Id be interested if it is to repair my door.
Also Price on the steering box and headlights (if they are RHD and matching Hella) please

Hi, I can see the outer door skins are rotten is the bottom inner of the RHS door any good? Id be interested if it is to repair my door.
Also Price on the steering box and headlights (if they are RHD and matching Hella) please

Hi, inner is worse than the outer :eek:

Righto, thought it would help anyone to see condition of what’s still available.
Switches, dashboard, seats, doorcards, rear light clusters, windows…
Underneath like beam.
Cheers

Do you have the clamp that holds the jack under the passenger seat? Looks like this:8783490.jpg

I’m also looking for a pair of these. I put 2 of mine in a “safe place” and can’t find my safe place! AC95577D-D136-463D-AAD0-59D6B7E77D8A.jpeg

Hi, do you still have the steering column lower fixing plate, the round one with two fixing screw holes? Thanks

Hi, do you have the heated rear window switch or hazard switch? Thanks
Apart from the Deluxe Microbus, few if any British specification 1968~79 VW Type 2s were factory-fitted with heated rear windows and none had a rear-window wiper & washer system. My 1973 VW Type 2 already has a pukka rear-window wiper & washer system, but I have yet to substitute the heated rear-window glass.

Sadly, most of the after-market alloy wheels (including the EMPI 5-spoke, 5.5 x 15 inch) that are marketed as a replacement for the 1968~70 & 1971~79 VW Type 2s, are of too small a wheel-offset (typically 20 mm) for these vehicles. Even a wheel-offset of 30 mm is less than ideal! Generally speaking, many of the Mercedes 14, 15 or 16 inch wheels, are better suited to the 1971~79 VW Type 2s,

Latest posts