• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Early Bay LHD Throttle kits ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are you getting on with the rhd kits. This is a shot of my current set up.
B70C2BD3-3A46-4AFF-A812-D2FB16D6032F-8852-00000C10D52743D2_zpse3e8870e.jpg

MrAndyP said:
67westy said:
MrAndyP said:
Turns out i am missing the pedal stop for a start.....

I don't have a pedal stop and mine goes to the floor for fully opened. are you running a solex and alternator? if so are you sure its fully opened and not just caught on the alternator casing? I had to file a chunk off mine

Yes and Yes.......ill check on this tomorrow,before i changed the cable and fitted the kit though,my pedal went to the floor.

Just to update on this...i have no catching on the alternator. I removed the cable and re fitted it,just to see if id done something wrong,its still the same. Ive now ordered a universal cable,prob fits feck all,but hopefully can bodge it together to make it work. :roll:

Did you compare your old cable to your new one length wise ? Not had anyone else with issues mention anything about cable lengths , the universal cable should sort it out for you . All a bit odd though .

Has anyone else had cable length issues ?

butty said:
Did you compare your old cable to your new one length wise ? Not had anyone else with issues mention anything about cable lengths , the universal cable should sort it out for you . All a bit odd though .

Has anyone else had cable length issues ?

I wanted to,that was my first thought. I removed the old cable and slung it straight in the wheelie bin though,attempted to fit the new one the following day,bin men had been..... :lol:

It does seem odd. ive spoke to just kampers today,and they list two lengths for a 69. the longer one,was the one ive already got.

Ive read the universal one is longer altogether (im hoping) SO,as i say.....should sort it.

Just for curiosity.....why do they sell universal ones!?? when you can supposedly buy the right cable for your year of bus or bug.......

Different carb setups and linkages some need longer cables and some people feel stranded cables are stronger than single stranded cables ..

We picked up our van today after having one of these Butty kits fitted by Mat and Rob at Sussex Kampers.
Wow, what difference!
Like the immortal lyrics of Kate Bush, she sure is "Running up that hill" now. ;)
Even the van looked like she had a smile on face when we got home. :D :D

Glad it sorted your issues out and the bus now smiles . I think they maybe trying to fit them to several of there other customers vehicles ...

Fitted mine yesterday, took 10 mins to fit, its bloody amazing! Much improved throttle response, carb opens properly now so I can get full throttle (through that and rerouting the throttle cable through the tinware properly) and a lot less wobble in the pedal. It even makes the pedal more erect! This is probably one of the single best improvements you can make to your bay!

:D :D :D

Is there any progress with the RHD kit yet? Mine feels like it's getting worse every time I get in it :(

RHD im waiting on some spacers being made then i think i will be able to sell a few , marvel has one now and feedback from him was good . Im also looking at replacing the crosshaft parts aswell but for now the kit is just the pedal pushrod and the swivel/pivot section and the long shaft with rose joints on the end . Marvel may have photos , spacers will possibly be here end of next week .

butty said:
RHD im waiting on some spacers being made then i think i will be able to sell a few , marvel has one now and feedback from him was good . Im also looking at replacing the crosshaft parts aswell but for now the kit is just the pedal pushrod and the swivel/pivot section and the long shaft with rose joints on the end . Marvel may have photos , spacers will possibly be here end of next week .

Awesome mate :D I will getting a heap off you when they are ready

Just seen one of your throttle kits featured in the latest Camper and Bus 8) Bet your gonna be even busier now :D
Did you get my pm with pictures of my current throttle set up? Do you think one of your RHD kits will work or will I need to move the top hat section?

Ordered mine today. Would be amazing if it turns up tomorrow so can fit Bank holiday Monday. :lol:

My RHD accelerator linkage fell apart - so had to replace before Butty's RHD kit was available which would have been a better solution - I replaced with JK kit - which fitted fine - but the ax pedal didn't fully return, so I had to flick the pedal up with my foot when stopping. When cruising into a roundabout - fighting to find second gear and braking with 4x drums this added distraction was not ideal.

The spring that resolved all this was a standard carb spring costing £3. The pedal now feels fantastic...

Latest posts