Elvis - My 69 Delta Green Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good dude, I think the harnesses look spot on.
If you need any help during your front end build then do hesitate to call me you have my number.

mike202 said:
DubBGood2Me said:
mike202 said:
looking good :)

Cheers Mike,

Have you got any plans for local VW shows this year?

quite fancy Mighty Dubfest at Alnwick, should be better than Druridge Bay. When I went there a couple of years ago the field had more craters than the moon!

How about you?

LOL. Same for us. Nearly broke my ankle 3 times getting back to the van.

Yes, I think we are definately going to MDF now it's changed venue. Also thinking about Volksfling at Biggar and a few other local ones.

Would be good to catch up at MDF.

Picked up a new grenade shifter from 56deluxe at DubFreeze

The real deal too.

Struggling with a regular flat battery and can't find what's draining it, so bought a dis-connect battery terminal to help save the drain and a bit of extra security. Managed to do this while fitting it though :roll:

So, I've had my narrowed beam and dropped spindles for nearly 18 months so thought it was about time I got my arse into gear and fitted them.

Before on my standard width adjustable beam, stock spindles.

But the ride was too harsh for the wife and kids and I want to go lower........

New beam compared to old. New beam is a wagenwest 4" narrowed

Needed to remove the hub spacers from my old spindles for the transporterhaus ones :roll: A common problem it seems.

Old beam out.

New beam in

Back together and wheels on for height adjustment.

Tis a bit low. I can only just get my fingers between the top of the tyres and the wheel arch ........!
But the tuck is nice .........

We've got Volksfling, Volkspower, Mighty Dubfest, Bug Jam, and need to decide on either BE festival at Leeds or SkegVegas

hi, cool van!

have you managed to take it out for a drive since fitting all the kit? mine is similarly low since fitting my dropped spindles and my beam end plates and bottom of the beam scrape like hell! do you have any photos underneath from front on when its back on the ground just to compare how low you beam is too mine?

cheers

It's too low to drive. Took it around the block and it rubbed my tyres till they smoked. So I'm going to have to raise it slightly until I can afford to tub it.

There's only an inch or two below the beam end plates but I'll try and get a picture for you.

Stevenhewkin91 said:
hi, cool van!

have you managed to take it out for a drive since fitting all the kit? mine is similarly low since fitting my dropped spindles and my beam end plates and bottom of the beam scrape like hell! do you have any photos underneath from front on when its back on the ground just to compare how low you beam is too mine?

cheers

Here you go mate

Cool cheers, that beam looks super low! Do you think you'll have issues that scraping? What beam is it you've bought?

Cheers

Latest posts