Engine advice

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tristan71

Reaction score
Rite choices I've been thinking about engines for my bus I've got a 2.2 Subaru engine loom etc or I have a 2.3 as41 based engine h beam rods forge Pistons 44 idfs how ever the cam is a circle track cam 3000k 7000k rpm I don't really want to split the case I've also got a six rib box to mount either to .
So help me out chaps

Sell the Subaru engine to a water cooled T25 owner.

I'd run air cooled every time on Bays now they are becoming more historic.

Swap the flywheel to a stock, full weight jobbie. Put some stock ratio rockers in to try and tame that Cam a little? it'll be a pain at low rpm where you need some torque for these buses. The lighter the bus is the better though...

Cheers,
Jim

Sounds like a plan hopefully il get the torque from the bigger displacement now to sell the Subaru engine

What cam is it? I have an FK 8 in my 2110 which has a simular power band and it drives fine.

I bought the engine out of a low mileage legacy it's got the loom maf lamber ecu starter motor and well pretty much everything needed inc manifold just the conversion parts are needed I believe it's the better of the 2.2s too

Great il stick with it should be fun too what's yours go like ones it gets on cam

Tristan71 said:
Great il stick with it should be fun too what's yours go like ones it gets on cam

Like fuck! Pulls to 7000rpm, will keep with 20v Audi's, 2.8 litre BMW's and Focus ST's :mrgreen: In all fairness it's really good, the big stroke gives big torque which makes up for the mean cam and yours is a bigger stroke than mine too ;)

Can't wait should be fun !!!!
What carbs exhaust and heads are you running

Latest posts