Engine Hatch

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks a much bigger job than I had in mind. What engine are you fitting?
Is the small hatch behind the rear seats for the fuel tank sender?

Please guys if we can think about where we are posting our Querries, the mods are really here to control Spammers and kick ass not to move posts around to the correct sections.....

Priscilla said:
That looks a much bigger job than I had in mind. What engine are you fitting?
Is the small hatch behind the rear seats for the fuel tank sender?

The engine I fitted had twin 40 Dell's, the hatch would be a god send even for a standard lump though. And yes the small hatch is for fuel sender access :)

To be honest the hardest part was disecting the old hatch surround! :)

I wasn't going mad then, as I thought I'd seen this in 'general' but couldn't find it again! :)

I was just going to add, have you had a look at 'Haveacamper's' one that he made?
I've not read fully, but I think he made his hatch out of the piece he cut out.
Click on the link and scroll down.
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4067&start=420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doug

cheers doug

ye i basically used a 1mm disc cutter and a straight edge to carefuly cut the hole as big as possible. i then made up a picture frame where which i spot welded to the bus and put a series of threaded inserts

picture of it spot welded in here:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4067&start=500" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Danbury Doug said:
I wasn't going mad then, as I thought I'd seen this in 'general' but couldn't find it again! :)

I'd have left it in general if it had been posted there......you found it in gallery......

Araon said:
Danbury Doug said:

I'd have left it in general if it had been posted there......you found it in gallery......

Ah right! :)

Nafe, you're welcome. Great thread BTW. 8)

Latest posts