Engine number?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_B

Reaction score
I have been asked by my insurance company for the engine number as I installed a new engine a few years ago. Previous insurer never asked.

The new engine doesn't have a number stamped on it, as far as I'm aware, nor is one listed on the V5

Anyone else come across this, if so how odd you deal with it? Cheers!

I'm not from the UK, so I can't give you any advice on how to deal with the insurance company, but my engine doesn't have a number either and I think that no aftermarket case has a number stamped on it, because they are cases and not (complete) engines.
I wonder why they want to know anyways, it's not as if it guarantees the number of horsepower or CC.

You may have already looked. Normal type 1-2 engine number is on case just below generator pedestal. On type 4 engine it could be on 2 places. See photo

http://www.tunacan.net/t4/pics/type4serialnum.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If there is no engine number just tell the ins. co. that it is a remanufactuered engine and there is no number on engine. Best of luck.
Bob
:)

Latest posts