Engine work

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcher

Reaction score
Not sure if these photo will be of need to anyone, but i have been working on my engine this week.
This is where i'm at

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19560" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

P1020043.jpg

This is all the tin wear. All complete, with 40 years of USA/UK crap all over them. So a gallon of degreaser went into a bucket and they came out a bit cleaner :shock: :shock:

P1020046.jpg

jet washed, all clean.

P1020048.jpg

The kadron filters where painted red :shock: :shock: so they had to be cleaned as well

P1020049.jpg

Block degreased and jet washed.

P1020050.jpg

Once i removed all the shi* of the block i could see a blue number on the top LHS :?: :?: :?: never seen one of these :?:

Heads and B&P off tomorrow and hopefully paint up the block :D :D

I love stripping and rebuilding engines, the best bit of my job :mrgreen: Would rather be doing it with aircooled motors than Cummins and Deutz diesels though :(

Heads and B&P's off today :( :( :(

P1020057.jpg

I thought that the heads were going to need some work :shock: :shock:

But then i saw these
P1020056.jpg

P1020054.jpg

P1020052.jpg

Cracked left and right head :cry: :cry: :cry:

Looks like new ones will have to be found :oops: :roll:

Thats the plan m8, uncracked heads on there way. Then they will be ported and polished :lol: :D then carbs fitted :D

cant wait.

only just got my tin wear back. :cry: :evil: now the rebuild can start. :D :D :D

P1020240.jpg

P1020241.jpg

spent a couple of hours today..still lots more to do :( not doing to bad (i think) considering its my first major spannering job :oops: :oops:

P1020247.jpg

P1020246.jpg

P1020248.jpg

Always nice to fit clean and shiney bits. Block up the inlet ports though. And don't forget to measure your smile when your first rebuild starts up. :)

Small amount of work today :x :x :x spent must of the day trying to fix a broken exhaust stud :x :x :x
Fitted the Kadrons. I must say that i really like the "old school" look of them :D :D
Managed to get hold of a set of metal fuel line from a chap of VZI. He let me have them FOC and he didnt swear or curse :shock: :shock: :shock:
P1020256.jpg

P1020257.jpg

P1020258.jpg

Hopefully will get the beast back and running tomorrow :lol: :lol:

IT RUNS :D :D :D :D cant believe it.

Turned it over a couple of time without the coil connected, then she fired up first time :D :D :D :D

Just got to put the rest of her back together and get her back on the deck.

To say that i'm happy is an under statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (forgot my camera today will let you see the end product tomorrow)

Latest posts