Ever met your hero ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met Eddie Fiola and Bob Haro many moons ago.
Both BMX legends 8)
I took Eddie for a ride around town, followed by a large gang of BMXers.
Was able to buy his Tour bike, but had it nicked in Huntington Beach :(
Wish i still had it now, however the insurance pay out did pay for my first VW :D
Paul

Araon said:
Hmmmm Heroes, I cant abide the notion of heroes being folks that entertain us for cash self gratification, a hero is someone that doesnt seek anything and by fortune or misfortune acts beyond the call....The word hero is a much abused and misused word

now people I admire and respect or just enjoy, I can understand...

Brian Blessed - being the most memorable character I've had the pleasure of spending time with (well pleasure may be a bit over the top), 2 hrs on a train sat opposite the table to the legend and believe me hes just as loud out of character a truely and naturally funny c#@t

You were never a 12 year old then ?

Mike F said:
Derek Underwood was my hero as he'd been to the same school as me. I was at a sports meeting in Sevenoaks a few years ago and we did the introduce ourselves thing. I was speechless as the guy after me introduced himself as none other than good old Deadly! He didn't think much of school so I said nothing about the place.

Now we,re talking !! i was at maidstone cricket week( as a 12 year old,bunkin off school) in 68 for kent v yorks, sat on the boundary rope with all the schoolboys waiting for auto graphs. Brian close was out very cheaply, was furious and as he walked towards the pavilion boundary, removed his box and threw it !! It caught me a glancing blow above the eye and drew blood.......members were very cross that an england captain should behave so badly. Long story short.....i was given a tour of the kent and yorks dressing room, full set of autographs, tea with players, and Alan knott gave me his cap

Never thought id put this on a veedub forum haha.

Not a hero as such, but I met Sir Chris Hoy yesterday

FF3FDE91-DCDA-4D32-ACCC-4BD4849573C2-793-000001279A0D6243.jpg

:D

I was lucky enough to sit 2 seats behind the rocket Ronnie O'sulivan at the snooker world championship on my birthday and he looked at me, does that count ? :D

Road legs are skinnier than track legs by design , that's what I'm telling myself.

Clem said:
Not a hero as such, but I met Sir Chris Hoy yesterday

FF3FDE91-DCDA-4D32-ACCC-4BD4849573C2-793-000001279A0D6243.jpg

:D

cool pic mike ....................sir .chris has some monster thighs :shock:

chris

My wife and I ( and about 20 others people) spent an evening with David Coulthard in the bar at the British Embassy clubhoue in Riyadh back in 1995 i think, ( he signed the door there which may still be there) he was doing a bit of promotion work with MCLaren for Tag heur. He was a genuinely lovely guy, and great fun to be with, at the time I was mad for anything F1 so was chuffed for weeks afterwards!. I also met the Duke of Edinburgh and Zammo ( cant remember his real name) from Grange Hill in 1986 ( Zammo was a good little boxer with the London federation of boys clubs at the time around 1986).

All of mine are MX racers from the late 60's to the 70's, having been involved with vintage mx over the last 12 years or so I have met and hung out with many of them over a few beers. Stand outs are Jeff Smith, Brad Lackey and the late Jim Pomroy.

Not a hero but a long time ago I was working at pinewood studios, building set for the first batman movie, we had parked are car in micheal keatons parking space thinking there was no way he was going to be there, only some hours later a rather disgruntled mr Keaton found and shouted at us to mone the f@&£&@g car nice :)

Latest posts