FAO GRAZY - Leisure Battery/Split Charge

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faux

Reaction score
Her you go mate this should help:

LeisurebatteryAlternator.jpg

I fit terminal 86 (blue wire) to terminal 15 coil.

Feel free to give me a ring if you want. :)

I'm sure there are others on here who may offer even better advice too. 8)

Ok , fitted my split charge system and after a few :oops: calls to Faux it was in and all cool , or so i thought .
I fitted the system on saturday and went to my local VW meet 10 miles away on the sunday so about 25 miles done on that day , Then Tuesday night drove in to Ipswich then on way back the van struggled to give power then when i slowed or dipped the clutch it died .
So it stayed at side of road for 2 nights then Thursday i disconnected system and ran it standard wiring and put brand new battery on ,Drove home 7 miles ish no problem ,
Saturday drove Ipswich to Brighton no probs ,took abit to get started but did in Brighton and drove home OK ,
Went to move it this morning and nothing , van is turning over but not firing . Then if it does kinda start even with foot flat on floor there is no increase in revs :?
As most who know me will testify , what i know about engines you could write on a postage stamp Help Please thanks in advance :wink:

Yeah Dag turn key and its on ,where is altenator located , How do i fix this :roll:

that type of split charger is crap and very out of date go to your local towbar fitter and buy a "self switching"relay ,a piece off piss to fit 1 wire in 1 wire out plus an earth, it will only turn on when there is enough power ie when the revs are up i run mine on a dynamo no probs

Appreciate info dude but surely others must have used this system and it not given problems :?

Sorry Mate

Just seen this, it doesn't sound like it is related to the split charge. Unless you have dislodged something or crossed a wire and damaged the Dynamo?

Give me a ring if you want.

Jon

birchyman said:
that type of split charger is crap and very out of date go to your local towbar fitter and buy a "self switching"relay ,a piece off piss to fit 1 wire in 1 wire out plus an earth, it will only turn on when there is enough power ie when the revs are up i run mine on a dynamo no probs

sounds interesting.... details and a diagram would be nice? part no's etc?

I am so so so grateful for this info :D :D :D

I hope i can give something back to this forum, as already in the last couple of weeks i have been glued to some top top threads 8)

Latest posts