• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FEELER . Westy Ply Headliners

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grazy

Reaction score
Thinking of offering Westy Ply Headliners , as my templates went quite well . So gauging interest at the moment

I cannot get the metal "H" and "J" Sections And i cannot do the Paper templates anymore ,

So I was going to , for a start make five tin top and five pop top headliners to see how they go

The wood is Baltic Birch 3mm Ply as close to Westy OG as possible , wood will come Un-Stained so you can choose what you do as regards to colour ,

Below is a picture of my tin top one , as an idea , Mine is varnished in the picture ;)

100_2401.jpg

And in the van

100_2407.jpg

I would be able to deliver these to Slough swapmeet for no extra cost if enough interest

Both Pop Tops and Tin tops would cost £65 . Plus £15 if postage needed , but i don't really want to post

Any question please PM me

Thanks Graeme :)

Assume they stop at the last strengthener at the rear? I don't have a top locker. Can you supply an extra piece of matching ply I could try and cobble something together from? If yes, put me down for a set. Need to find the J and H's though if anyone has an idea...

Interested, as above don't have top locker, is there any chance of photo for the rear to see how finishes

Cheers

Hi Graeme,
we also can supply but came across a problem that the headliners are too large to post!
Couriers and Post office will not ship.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Ok guys , i am up at the van this weekend so will take measurements and photos to see if it's possible to extend rear panel further back ! Watch this space ;)

garytype2 said:
Hi Graeme,
we also can supply but came across a problem that the headliners are too large to post!
Couriers and Post office will not ship.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Hi Gary thanks for bringing this up , As mentioned i dont want to post unless absolutely necessary , as its a pain

But i have posted two out in the past , One to Wales and one to Worcester both with no problems .

Ok I have had a look , and i could extend the rear section but it wont sit where it should , As with most things the German dudes have got it right as in extending further is a bit of a ball ache ,

The OG liner finishes 10cm shorter than the 150cm x 150cm ply i have so if you want i can leave that on for you to "Modify"

Let me know your thoughts , and if enough interest still i will cut and get these to Slough swapmeet on November 13th

It is cheap. I'll have a hinge cover though..? Lost the damn template!

Assuming you don't mind me putting this bit on but we can supply the J profiles and I sections as they were originally. Available on the website!

Hi mate,
I'd be interested in a tintop set if you were willing to post & I can get the edging / joining trims?
Do the factory roofcloth grips get in the way or does it cover them up?
Cheers
Kev

Kev D said:
Hi mate,
I'd be interested in a tintop set if you were willing to post & I can get the edging / joining trims?
Do the factory roofcloth grips get in the way or does it cover them up?
Cheers
Kev

You'll need to do away with the grips entirely

Latest posts