First big Trip.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluebay

Reaction score
Ok its not a big as some of you guy`s but its a start.
Here`s the team,just before the off.Starting of in Sheffield.
HOLIDAY2009003.jpg

Over night stop of Taunton.
HOLIDAY2009015.jpg

Destination Hayle nr St Ives.340 miles with no problems,now I can relax.
HOLIDAY2009023.jpg

Edward having fun in the sun.The beach at St Ives are as good as anywhere when the sun`s shinning.!
HOLIDAY2009033.jpg

Nice EB at Gwithian,anybody on here ?.
HOLIDAY2009040.jpg

Its a long way from home !!!
HOLIDAY2009066.jpg

Its a tough life for the navigators.
HOLIDAY2009067.jpg

St Micheals Mount.
HOLIDAY2009072.jpg

Another photo opertunity.
HOLIDAY2009122.jpg

Watch out for the guls.
HOLIDAY2009124.jpg

Early morning in St Ives.Cheapest parking at £4 a day at the railway station,gotta be early tho.
HOLIDAY2009126.jpg

Oh I wish I was back there now.
HOLIDAY2009143.jpg

Mummy Daddy & Baby pasties.
HOLIDAY2009152.jpg

The Atlantic is still cold tho.
HOLIDAY2009178.jpg

One of the many fuel stops.
HOLIDAY2009252.jpg

Freinds join us at Polseath.
HOLIDAY2009298.jpg

Back home again,1300 miles only one break down.wire to choke shorted out on tin wear.Luckily saw it and back on the road in 10 mins.
HOLIDAY2009429.jpg

Awesome photos, looks like you had good weather too, next year you will have to pop up to John o groats ;)

Its been said before and i'm sure it will be said again, but its nice to see vans being used for what they were built for! although I suppose in your case that would have been lugging boxes, but you know what I mean!

Mark

p.s. I cant show my wife this thread, if she sees that wordrobe she will want one lol

Lovely pics there fella 8)

Love your panel, looks sweet. Polzeath looks gorgeous, think we are gonna go there next summer ;)

Nice dood, Gwithian rules! especially the pub that sells stowford on tap! 8)

ant said:
looking good :). the cheesy chips at Polzeath are fantastic :)
The wife loves cornwall because its the only place she can get Mushy Pea Fritters, definately planning on paying a visit down there next year (and not just for the fritter :lol: )

Missed this thread the first time round!
Nice pics and looks like the lad enjoyed it. Glad the van behaved itself (apart from the minor mishap :( ).

Hope you have more trips to go on and if so, keep the pics coming...... :D

What a cool bus, i always look at it twice when i go to my brothers house. I also love your Audi. If i ever get sorted with another bus we should go for a cruise.

Only just seen wot you wrote.Yeh your gonna have to call in when you get your next bus.I see there are a couple of beetle`s parked at the Midland, more vw fan`s in the area !.

What Audi you got as I like Audi's to (got one myself - A8 4.2 Quattro Sport 8) )

Great pics fella , looks like everyone had fun there.....love kernow going there next year all booked....yippeee :lol:

best pic ....3 pasties llluuurrvvee em ;)

ste :mrgreen:

bluebay said:
Only just seen wot you wrote.Yeh your gonna have to call in when you get your next bus.I see there are a couple of beetle`s parked at the Midland, more vw fan`s in the area !.

Yeah will do mate, the beetle's are owned by the landlord who is an old customer of mine. :D

It was being in St Ives in June that finally pushed me in to get a bus.

Looking forward to going back next year but driving one rather than just having to stare at them all. :msn4:

Nice Bus, nice pics :D

Hey gninnam,nothing as flash as yours !.Its a 1975 Audi 80 GL estate. Bought along with a 1970`s caravan and a rabbit for £200.It belonged to a vicar who owned it from new.A freinds mother who is the local post lady told us the vicar had died and there was an old car on the drive.So i went round and had a look,posted a note through the door for the guy who had inherited the whole lot.He then gave me a call so I went round and the deal was done.The car had not moved for 14 years the neighbours told me as he had bought a new car.I put a battery on some fuel down the carb and she fired up,freed the brakes pumped up tyers and off we went car,caravan and rabbit.Took it for M.O.T and the bloody thing failed on wiper blades !!.Now done around 13000 miles in it.Oh and get this the vicar had parked it up with exactly 100,000 miles on the clock,nobody seems to know why as its in real good nick,wax oiled from new etc.I`ll find some pics out and post them up. :D

I just googles the audi, I would love that model of Audi, I amlmost sold my TT to get one!

get some photos up.

Mark

bluebay said:
Hey gninnam,nothing as flash as yours !.Its a 1975 Audi 80 GL estate. Bought along with a 1970`s caravan and a rabbit for £200.It belonged to a vicar who owned it from new.A freinds mother who is the local post lady told us the vicar had died and there was an old car on the drive.So i went round and had a look,posted a note through the door for the guy who had inherited the whole lot.He then gave me a call so I went round and the deal was done.The car had not moved for 14 years the neighbours told me as he had bought a new car.I put a battery on some fuel down the carb and she fired up,freed the brakes pumped up tyers and off we went car,caravan and rabbit.Took it for M.O.T and the bloody thing failed on wiper blades !!.Now done around 13000 miles in it.Oh and get this the vicar had parked it up with exactly 100,000 miles on the clock,nobody seems to know why as its in real good nick,wax oiled from new etc.I`ll find some pics out and post them up. :D

That it is a wicked story....... Do like the older Audi (the '70's were a hotch potch of VW too)
Like Mr Foley says, get some pics up please ;)

Latest posts