Fitted leisure battery, red light on intermittently

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

admwllms

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just had a leisure battery fitted by an air-cooled electrician and since then the generator light will often stay on for a few minutes (say up to 10 mins) while I'm driving. He's going to take a look at it next week but I'd like to sort it myself if possible before then.

It starts great and seems no issues with anything else (so far!) so I was thinking maybe the alternator is under too much load? Or perhaps the bushes need replacing or something? Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Edit: I should say, I don't know for sure that the issue wasn't there before I got the leisure battery as I'd hardly driven the bus. I just think so, because had never seen it stay on while starting it in drive or running it up and down road.

Oh christ, never mind I'm just an idiot. Needed a much bigger rev to get it to go away is all. :oops:

My last couple of buses only needed a mild rev and the light went off but this one needs a really big rev.

I could stand to be corrected on this, but fitting a leisure battery shouldn't make a difference to the generator light - as this is an indication of the charging system working, not the storage.

Latest posts