Fitting servo, where do I connect the vacuum with dual carbs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpsbay

Reaction score
Hi guys, I wonder if someone can help me. I,m in the process of fitting a servo to me 69 Bay. I know I have to connect the vacuum to the inlet manifold, but because I got dual carbs, do I have to connect both inlet manifolds together or just connect to one manifold :?: :?

You can drill and tapp your #3 cylinder manifold, I installed a full flow connection :wink:

like mine:

fogger.jpg

finitions%20010-2.jpg
[/list]

I got Dual Dell'orto 34s, very similar to Weber ICTs and each manifold has an vacuum take off for a balance pipe between the carbs. If you have similar just put a T-piece in the balance pipe.

I don't have a take off on my dellorto's 40's manifolds, so drilling and tapping is an option. So would you say doing both manifolds is the correct way.Can I buy 40 manifolds with a take off aready in :?: :?

alpsbay said:
I don't have a take off on my dellorto's 40's manifolds, so drilling and tapping is an option. So would you say doing both manifolds is the correct way.Can I buy 40 manifolds with a take off aready in :?: :?

It would probably as cheap to get yours drilled and tapped by a machine shop as I can't imagine it to be a hard or time consuming job and the fittings would only cost a few quid. The advantage to having both done is that you will be able to run a vacuum balance pipe between each manifold which would make setting up the carbs easier. Try talking to Eurocarb the are really good and can supply most things for Dell'ortos and Webers, click the link below.

http://www.dellorto.co.uk/

That's great information. John Maher Racing built the engine so I know how helpful he is, thanks I'll give him a ring.

Latest posts