Fitting tinware question .

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Reaction score
Hi all ,

I have 2 question and I apologise now if they seem a little dumb for you more accomplished earlybayers here :oops:

Firstly I am a little confused as to which tin is called the front and which is called the rear :?

To me I would call the rear tin the one that goes round the bell housing toward the gear box, and the front tin is the one that is closest to you when you open the lid , am I right or is it the other way round ? :?

Ok now my second question is can the tinware that fits around the bell housing area (rear/front :? ) be fitted while the engine is in situ ?

Thanks for your help guys.

The front tin is the piece mounted over the gearbox behind the fan housing, and the rear tin is the piece just inside the engine lid.

In answer to your second question, no, the engine needs to be removed to fit the front tin.

sparkywig said:
The front tin is the piece mounted over the gearbox behind the fan housing, and the rear tin is the piece just inside the engine lid.

In answer to your second question, no, the engine needs to be removed to fit the front tin.

Thanks for that sparkywig .

Latest posts