Florida Bay - The Resto!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready to go in and with a bit of persuasion it fits!!

Plus this turned up yesterday so I will have the central exit VS exhaust up for sale once I have swapped it over. Marshy has got first dibs!

The other stainless exhaust system that was on the 1600 is also going up for sale once I have given it a polish.

Bit of a ball ache kind of day today.

Had to take the motor out again as the half moon bolt on top of the starter had shifted out and would not just tap back into place.
I should have waited for two of us but decided it wouldn't have to come out too far.
Then I realised I couldn't move it easily by myself and got it stuck half in half out and call up a mate to pop over and help.

So after last weeks problems (I broke the sandwich plate trying to change an adaptor) I had a new sandwich plate delivered and then popped into the local hose and hydraulic suppliers and got the correct fittings to be able to install the remote cooler in line switch.
After a bit more organising to the oil lines and making sure it all lined up and didn't foul on anything I put it all back together.
Fired her up and waited for the stat to cut in and push oil through the cooler. Checked for leaks and let it run up to temperature. All seamed well so took her for a spin and then got back underneath and all was dry.
Happy days! Just need to get some miles under the belt now before BVF but the rain outside has put me off going anywhere!

After a bit of hibernation following the drive to EBI, I am off to Midland Early Bay on Tuesday to get the dropped spindles fitted and have the suspension tweeked.
So today I have WD40'd all the spinny bits and temporarily held the heater flaps open with cable ties as its gonna be a cold early start.
(Will speak to Graham about heater cables!!)

Then my son, wife(she'll hate this photo!) and niece wanted to see the new lambs!!

So after a trip to EBI and a few trips to north Devon I decided to give the old girl a fettle! That was just before the 2018 Early Bay Campout which we ended up missing...my fault....long story but after changing plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm I was left with a poorly sounding bus!!
Fast forward to October last year and trip to NE Motors near Shepton Mallet. Neil is a top man and played with the carbs etc. She showed just over 100bhp on his dyno and pulls way better.
I can’t praise his service and communication enough.

Caerhays beach near Mevagissey is always a favourite. We had a quick one night stay, family has a holiday cottage down there so we didn’t camp.

Then back home without missing a beat so I treated the old girl to a Spring clean.

Next trip will be the Earlybay Campout.

Great to see the old girl doing what she was designed to do and doing it well :)

Latest posts