• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale: Set of 4 original steel wheels with tyres

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malc

Reaction score
I took these off my 1971 bay when I fitted a set of SSP alloys - they've been stored in my heated cellar ever since (I think about 3 years). The tyres are useable, I think 2 of them have lots of tread and the other two are still ok - they certainly passed an MOT, and didn't do many more miles before being stored. Sadly my bay has gone now - so these need to go too - £80 for the set, or nearest offer

Collection only please, don't fancy packing these up for shipping!

I have photos but couldn't work out how to add them to the advert - I tried attaching them as files, but got a message saying the board attachment quota was full

I'm interested in them if they are original VW rims narrow 5.

I'm in Stoke, do you come this way or I could pop up to you.

Cheers
Kev

Hi, yes, they are indeed original VW narrow 5 stud wheels.

Sorry, but no I don't have any plans to visit Stoke in the near future - but let me know if you want to pick them up.

Cheers

Malc

Malc said:
Hi, yes, they are indeed original VW narrow 5 stud wheels.

Sorry, but no I don't have any plans to visit Stoke in the near future - but let me know if you want to pick them up.

Cheers

Malc

Hi Malc

We are away Friday for a week and would be struggling to get to you before due to work. If you can wait then happy to come over and collect

Cheers
Kev

Still for sale

I've had a chance to have a much closer look at these now. Two of the tyres are really good: one is like new, with about 8 mm of tread right across the width, and another looks nearly new, about 7mm tread across the width (measured with a proper tread depth gauge). Looking at the other two tyres though, I think the MOT inspector must have been in a very good mood because they're pretty ropey. Fine for putting on a van that's being worked on, but not so good for road use. Again, the original steel wheels themselves are fine. So to summarize, 2 of the tyres are much better than I remembered, and 2 are worse.

Latest posts