Frankies 71 dormi Resto new pix

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a similar repair on my wife's bug last year and the MOT tester said it was fine - so long as all the fillets are welded up.

Nice bit of fabrication by the way 8)

;)

Hi Frankie
As J&M says its ok just weld the cuts up first and grind welds back before fitting.It will look a lot better and easier than trying to do it on the van.Im an outdoor restorer as well :D Its Great init :lol: .I have to plan ahead what to do and allow an extra half hour to get extension cable ,welder ,grinder and all the rest of the gear out .Check weather forcast and just pray no one stops and starts chatting to you.Not that i'm against a bit of chit chat its some folk just don't know when to stop and Im itching to get on with it :evil: :lol: .Top work by the way :)

ground hugger said:
...Not that i'm against a bit of chit chat its some folk just don't know when to stop and Im itching to get on with it :evil:

I find that if you tell them that you're going to start welding again, and they'll go blind if they watch, they tend to disappear quite quickly!! :evil: :lol:

;)

Asap not working at the moment so no budget swaps like we've arranged will really help thanks
Frankie.

I don't know anyone with one , Has anyone tryed carbon arc welding/brazing.Frankie

You're doing top quality work there frankie, i take my hat off to you sir. 8) I dont envy you working outside i find it hard to get motivated some times and im working inside

Right need some help with what things should look like

arch off just had to do it Andy :lol:
DSC03073.jpg

some more horrors at the front :cry:
DSC03074.jpg

what should this look like can I work with this
DSC03075.jpg

DSC03076.jpg

can anyone show me some pics please or direct me to some already here cheers Frankie.

I told you not to didnt I :evil: Just like my kids you dont listen :mrgreen:

Now you are just got to have to put it back on :mrgreen:

Seriously though don't cut too much off, get down hearted then end up selling it on ebay as an unfinished project.

Keep up the good work.

Done some bits today after a long break don't know if its all correct so any comments would be appreciated ,
DSC03114.jpg

DSC03115.jpg

DSC03121.jpg

DSC03122.jpg

DSC03124.jpg

DSC03125.jpg

DSC03126.jpg

DSC03127.jpg

DSC03128.jpg

DSC03129.jpg

DSC03130.jpg

DSC03131.jpg

I need to sort this end profile out on the inner sill please feel free to give advice
or pics to help me,
DSC03132.jpg

Thanks Frankie.

What is upol brush on seam sealer like any good and can you paint it on over kurust and under waxoyl cheers Frankie.

anyone got a b post cut for the nearside cheers Frankie .any tips also appreciated

Cheers Rob but its going slow just not sure how things should look and having to fabricate my own parts its hard glad to see your bit coming on good luck.

Latest posts