fresh air vents

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busdiver

Reaction score
as i am in the process of restoring the bodywork mrs busdiver is redoing the soft furnishings hopefully to include the front seats and recovering the door cards to match,

question is, as ours is a crossover she has the black vent system across the door cards to feed the rear of the bus, we are not going to keep these when i cut new cards for her to cover, however towards the back of the door level with the seats there is another vent with a slider to open/close them, am i right in thinking that these are fed by the cut outs in the leading edge of the doors adjacent to the A post

i have never used these and may not include the hole in the card when cutting new ones, if i don't do you think it would be worth "plating" over the inlet cutouts on the door to help prevent wet air getting into the door cavity.

i notice that buses that do not have the black vent ducting across the door have the air system blanked off against the A post, can you buy these blanks, and do you reckon i could mount my speakers in the under dash face of the duct work....just a thought

Just vents to air the doors as far as I know

You can try the various importers/breakers for the blanking panels at the ends of the dash, as they just unscrew.

002-104.jpg

I wouldn't be too concerned about wet air getting in the doors from the front, as plenty of water washes down behind the scrapers when it rains. That's what the polythene liner is for behind the door card.

Latest posts