Front door lock Spring help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshy

Reaction score
My door lock doesn't lock at the minute and I'm assuming it's the little Spring that's causing this (this is missing at the minute), getting a new one but where does the spring go to/from? Any pics would be appreciated so I don't have to strip the other side to see.
Thanks in advance :)

Hi Marshy
I have the same problem, i have the spring and will be fitting it a week on saturday (on my holidays for a week) will take some photos and post them when i get back

Vinvan

If it's any help when you come to do this, the springs come with just one coil bent away from the spring at each end. I found I needed to bend a further 2 on each end in order to tension it enough that it doesn't fall off the door mechanism clips. Fitting the spring is much easier with a short section of flexible wire looped through it. This allows you to pull the spring up to its hook with one hand and then poke it onto the hook with a small screwdriver in the other. The wire can then be removed.

1258496.jpg

Had to replace my drivers side a couple of years ago, have a look here http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57702" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I used a small piece of welding wire with the end hooked over. Made the job so much easier. I had no need to bend an extra coil back as mentioned previously

Latest posts