• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: MK4 Golf TDI Spares or repair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginga

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
ex westy
Had this on ebay twice and been let down by dodgy buyers who don't get in touch.

Looking for £200 or close offer

This is a 99 T reg golf TDI which is a non runner. The only reason it doesn't run is that it has lost it's brake fluid. All I know is that when I fill it up with fluid it disappears and there are NO brakes. I've looked around and can see no signs of a leak. The rear brakes are pretty scabby and will need sorting even if they aren't the issue.

The engine starts and runs great bit smoky on start up but other than the brakes and the smaller issues below it has been a great car. I have had it 3 years and done 60000 mostly trouble free miles - the only other issues being with the alternator and pulley but it now has a brand new alternator which has been on since December.

I have used this as my daily driver and need a car which works as I have an EarlyBay Camper which is now my daily driver so don't have the inclination to sort the golf.
Had rear axle bushes done last year at a cost of £250.

Other issues:-
Large crack in windscreen will need sorting for MOT
Two front tyres on limit - spare is good but has a repairable puncture - I have a space saver which I'll throw in too.
Chip in drivers side headlight never been an issue on MOT.
Cracked passenger mirror - never been an issue on MOT.
Drivers electric window doesn't work - mad a grinding noise and wouldn't shut so i unplugged connector to stop me accidentally lowering it.
Sunroof works in a fashion just needs to be shut on the switch as it doesn't quite close properly automatically.
Rear quarter leaks badly but I think it is the roof bars causing this.
Slightly rusty front wheel arch but nothing major.
Small dents and scratches as you'd expect for a car this age.
SORNed
Roof bars are NOT Included.

Wheel trims are all present.

Inside is reasonably clean or will be when I clean it

Car will need trailering away from SK17 8LJ.

Cash on collection preferred.

Any more info please email or call 07767406030, no timewasters please, had enough of them!

Latest posts