fuel filter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokeseys

Reaction score
where does everyone put their fuel filter?? in the engine bay or before the fuel lines go into the bay??

Before !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sure someone will be along to explain exactly why.

J & P
:D :D :D

:lol: mine have always been in the engine bay, but just having a tinker about moving a fuel line it came off tooooooo easy!!! thinks im going to move it to the back

if vw thought lets put the fuel filter in the engine bay they would have. Instead they chose to put it out of harms way go figure

so when did the fuel filter appear?? i replaced the strainer last year, and just thought the filter was an orginal part fitted!!

Just had mine moved underneath and out of the engine bay area, have read a lot regarding the risks of leaving it as it was.

trebor said:
Is it safe to install a filter king in the engine bay ?

I have done. Mine is mounted on the LHS rear wheelarch above the (unused) battery tray, well away from the ignition system.

Yes

It makes no difference if you fit the fuel filter in the engine bay, as long as it's away from heat and moving parts, because you'll check it every time you drive the bus just like the oil, etc, won't you?

Did you have any trouble getting the fuel through with it being mounted that high ?

sparkywig said:
It makes no difference if you fit the fuel filter in the engine bay, as long as it's away from heat and moving parts, because you'll check it every time you drive the bus just like the oil, etc, won't you?

You check the oil every time you drive it? :msn4:

sparkywig said:
Yes

looks like spaghetti junction in there lol :lol:

Latest posts