fuel in the oil and what pressure for dellortoo 36s

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwvanman0

Reaction score
Have a problem with fuel in my oil, Asked advice on here and peeps said its the diaphrams in the pump or carbs,
now that its been warmer! ive opened the fuel pump up (its not the normal sealed vw pump) and the diaphram looks fine.
i've had both carb's off and the pump diaphram's were fine.(they are quite new)

Today i connected a pressure tester from the pump to the carbs and it read 4psi until i really gave it some revs then it dropped to 3psi.
let off the revs and it went back to 4psi.

Is that normal or can that be putting too much pressure in and overfuelling?

On a positive note it drives much better now with the floats adjusted to the dellorto book spec,they were hanging 25mm down when the book said 12-13mm!

could the float level have been the problem?

Guess i need to change the oil again and see if it still does it,but im expecting the worst as ive not really changed anything much.

Any help welcomed,

cheers,Steve.

4psi is going to be too much for Dells.
Either fit a regulator (I like the malpassi filter king) or as it sounds like you have a stock pump, you can lower the pressure by shimming it with extra gaskets (or making a thicker gasket out of gasket paper) 8)

They like 3.5psi. ... Not sure if 4 is too much tho

Float height will make a massive difference and may cure your prob

Agreed, setting the floats up properly may well sort it out.

Did you check the inlet needle valve when sorting out the floats? They can also sometimes cause problems with overfuelling.

Thanks for the replies,
I bought a malpassi regulator at the same time as the pressure tester so that's that sorted.

I've fitted new inlet needle valves as they came with the rebuild kit I had in case of finding any issues.

Think the best thing I can do is fit the regulator,change the oil and keep an eye on the oil level.

Do keep wanting to get it rolling roaded to set everything up properly but I'm unsure where to take it and who can be trusted!

Thanks,steve

Latest posts