Fuel leak

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejinx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. Filled the van up to the top of the neck today for the first time. Checked under van and fuel was leaking from around the area of the fuel tank out let. Square bit around where hose comes out of. Wasn't much and stopped quickly. Meant to be on the Chunnel tomorrow. Scared :shock: now what you reckon?

My own thoughts are all will be well if I don't neck it up again. I have always and am going to drop the engine over winter and pull the tank anyway but I really want to go to Belgium and France.

Probably just over filled it
Ive brimmed mine in the past and it leaked a bit from the filler cap - replaced it and was good
Replacing the filler neck pipe isnt an easy job - engine and firewall out from what ive read
You will be fine just topping the tank up on your holiday - enjoy it

The breather pipe comes out in the filler aperture just under the filler cap.
The other hole in the bottom of the filler aperture is the drain that exits through the chassis leg onto the road.
If you overfill it will gush out into the filler aperture and then all over the bottom of the offside rear chassis leg and stink for ages.

Latest posts