Garden Find RHD C/O Devon - Lots of Pictures

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDC10328.jpg

SDC10329.jpg

SDC10330.jpg

SDC10332.jpg

SDC10333.jpg

SDC10334.jpg

SDC10337.jpg

SDC10338.jpg

SDC10339.jpg

SDC10340.jpg

SDC10341.jpg

SDC10342.jpg

SDC10343.jpg

SDC10344.jpg

SDC10345.jpg

SDC10346.jpg

:shock: - wow - looks like a different bus completely, amazing what a dozen or so hours of polishing/sweeping/cleaning e.t.c. can achieve

Coming along nicely!

Great work there! :D

It's amazing how well your van has scrubbed up. The undergrowth did a great job of helping to shield it from the worst of the weather over the years. Your bus is remarkably similar to my Crossover Danbury in its patina and originality.

If you haven't yet come across any literature on your Devonette conversion, I've found this brochure.
Go to the interior shots, and you'll see yours on the lefthand side. :)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/72devon.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Im genuinely shocked by this. I cant belive its so solid after being 'dumped' - what a find! Lucky dude!

Id punt it on eBay and get an early ;) Just kiddin' :lol:

Hi all

Just a quick update.

I have no idea who Jim is either, but it did put a smile on my face when I saw the names, another part of the campers history and identity.

The camper was owned by Ronald (I think that I will name the Camper after him, as I am bringing it back, but he was the one who kept it so well for nearly 30 years and maintained it, costs reagardless) and then Iain. All I can guess is that when it went in for somne work (the service book is fully detailed) the mechanics wrote their name (would be a great story to find who later.....)

I have had another couple of sessions, bringing it back to life.

6 hours - were spent hoovering under benches, cleaning trims, oiling all locks, inside of doors etc, removing rear tailgate trim and asorting lock (it does not need a key - was just seized), rear tailgate is all working now and cleaned, and all locks including ignition are on the one key (thanks for the pointer to C&C).

I have also spent - 4 hours putting back on front door trims (after scrubbing with anti-backterial), more cleaning of wood and roof lining, dash and all knobs and buttons.

Hope to get some more pictures up soon, its coming along very well and in just over two weeks so far.

J.

You lucky man!!! :shock: What an unbelievable find, I'm sure the fact that it's a tin top helped its' preservation. Leaking Devon pop-tops have ruined many good vans.
Particularly jealous that you've still got the original ' Armstrong textured relief tiles' preserved under the floor. Hang onto these, they are impossible to get hold off.

what a beauty and though I am a little biased, you simply cannot beat a red vinyl interior.