GEARCHANGE ROD BUSHINGS

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIZ59

Reaction score
those plastic bushings white in colour that fit on the gear change rod? i may have bought the wrong, not for my bus ones, well, dum as it may be , i cannot see what they do , where they fit specificly on the rod? any pics simply show them fitted to the rod but not seemingly serving a function, the ones i got look like a badminton shuttle cock , any advice gratefully received!

That's right, but there's only one fitted to an early bus.
There should be a dimple on the shift rod that the bush locates on, not much of a fixing though the spring provided should secure it.
You can move it further up or down the rod and fit the extra bush if you wish.

t205700.gif

Thanks mate for replying , thing is i am still not getting it/understanding its function/use /purpose ( unfortunately ! ) what , if u dont mind me asking (being so dense ) does it do , (if anything?)there are none on my bus but to be fair , it"s an old bus , 9 previous owners ... etc etc ,does not replacing them make any/much difference ? thanks for any advice , again !

The bushes keep the shift rod central in the gear shift tube that sits under the cargo floor.
To change them you need to drop the engine and gearbox out of the bus and then the rear shift rod slides out of the tube through the engine bay once the front section has been removed from under the cab floor.

Latest posts