Get your homemade interiors out for the lads

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5erge

Reaction score
Gonna give it a bash and try make myself a rock n' roll seat bed. Can't be that difficult, can it?

If anyone has done this can they post their efforts?

Cheers

Des

des

i have just finished my homemade effort, i have made a 3/4 ish width bed, i can take some measurements of the depth of the boards if you want

15052010125.jpg

5erge said:
Gonna give it a bash and try make myself a rock n' roll seat bed. Can't be that difficult, can it?

Cheers

Des
des
if you need them i have some original westy rock & roll brackets for sale. they were originally 3/4 but have been changed so they can be fitted full width.
can take some pictures if required
dan

curly head said:
5erge said:

Cheers

Des
des
if you need them i have some original westy rock & roll brackets for sale. they were originally 3/4 but have been changed so they can be fitted full width.
dan

Oh yeah, I'd be up for those. Imagine these are better than the JK offerings? :D

Des

pk1was said:
des

i have just finished my homemade effort, i have made a 3/4 ish width bed, i can take some measurements of the depth of the boards if you want

Yeah, that'd be great, thanks for the offer :mrgreen:

Des

This is my effort so far....

71Dormobile said:
Struck me from looking back over the forum that I hadn't posted any pics of the interior in so ere are a few, I started building the dormy wardobe also but haven't finished it as yet, toying up the idea of fitting another seat in ?! Anyone done or seen owt that would be robust enough for strapping another person to etc.

IMG_6923.jpg

IMG_6924.jpg

IMG_6925.jpg

IMG_6926.jpg

IMG_6927.jpg

IMG_6928.jpg

IMG_6929.jpg

IMG_6930.jpg

IMG_6931.jpg

IMG_6932.jpg

IMG_6933.jpg

No the stuff around the table is different to that around the doors and the door apertures. Checkout Rainbow conversions they sell the stuff you'll need and may show an image or two in x secn ;)

http://www.rainbowconversions.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5erge said:
curly head said:
5erge said:

Cheers

Des
des
dan

Oh yeah, I'd be up for those. Imagine these are better than the JK offerings? :D

Des
des
you still interested in the brackets?

if so, i will try and get some photos today

dan

[/quote]
des

dan[/quote]

Yep, still interested.

Des

des

dan[/quote]

Yep, still interested.

Des[/quote]
des
as promised piccies of modded westy brackets
if they are of any interest let me know and we can sort out a deal :lol:
DSC01178.jpg

DSC01176.jpg

Johnny said:
love your interior ob1, looks pretty substantial. what wood did you use?
Cheers johnny, made from ash vaneered mdf n ply, left from a job, the darker wood is mdf, the interior without seat cusions owes the grand total of £60 :mrgreen: The bonus of being a wood cutter :D
Currently making a devon interior in oak for me crossdresser will post pics when its done. If you ever need any units making just let me know :msn4:

actually i do 8)

after you've done your post up some pics and pm me some prices i need the frames, i have two full devon interiors but the veneer and some of the frames are damaged particularly the swing out cooker. i have the doors and edgeing etc

This is mine, normaly a bit of a duffer when it comes to wood but think it turned out ok!
Picture009-1.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture005-3.jpg

Picture006-3.jpg

Really should take some better pictures of it :lol: :lol:

This is my interior, I made all the cabinets and bed and used original doors.

SDC12202.jpg

I used westy R/R hinges for the bed as the action on them is really good
SDC12203.jpg

SDC12205.jpg

SDC12211.jpg

Latest posts