Getting dirty

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decapman

Reaction score
I plan to attack the interior of my bus over the weekend.
Now the mechanicals are done I have time to make a start on cleaning the filthy interior.
Must be 30 years of muck grime grease decomposed leaves oil etc in there.
I was thinking a quick hoover out then using engine cleaner with a stiff plastic bristle brush, any other ideas out there?
Need to clean the ruber mats and vinyl seat covers too.

Also anyone out there in Kent area who has a way with sunroofs, mine works but its very stiff, looking for help

Marcus

I find that brake cleaner (aerosol type) gets must stubborn stains off - make sure you're well ventilated though otherwise you'll be sky high - and not in a good way!

Test any cleaning products on a small area first - Cillit Bang is pretty good on headlining material apparently!

Get some pics up when you're done...

;)

I use this stuff:

466938_front200.jpg

....and it makes a 40 year old moldy interior panel (card?) come up looking like new. Headliners, seats, floormats, visors...any interior vinyl and it doesn't eat the finish or grain. Spray on, scrub, wipe. Bingo.

I guess any whitewall cleaner would work the same, but this is the stuff that turned my efforts around. Sooooooooo much quicker!

Good luck!

Use gunk on most bits its great! quite cheap to as you can buy it by the gallon! :D

especially apple based :wink:

To clean fabric upholstery put some washing up liquid in a small amount of water and froth it up as much as poss,then just use the bubbles to clean as this stops your seats getting too wet and the bubbles lift the dirt out.

Sugar soap is incredible stuff but again open those windows. Very powerful and alot cheaper than most synthetic cleaners. Its a kinda bright yellow colour. You shuld be able to get hold of it in your supermarket.

Latest posts