Glastonbury 2017

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was trying for a friend, but failed. Did you?

gas1man said:
Yes managed to get tickets :D :D
Bit of a battle though. Just need camper ticket now.

J & P
:D :D :D

Yes! Make a note in your diary :D

Walt said:
Tried to get tickets but no joy this year - Might go as a volunteer with wateraid or oxfam. Anyone done this?

Lots of people on the e-fests forums do this and it seems to work well for them. Sort it out asap though as spaces are in high demand. :)

We're in like Flynn!! Probably taking the kids with us... but thats a whole new post thread right there :lol:

So we've got 8 months to sort Razzle out for this trip. The last time we went was 2009 & that was the last time we got tickets... We haven't used Razzle in a year as he has a death knock (again another new post thread)

What date do the campervan tickets come out? I have asked the muppets from SeeTickets - shouldn't have bothered. I have asked Glasto direct - again shouldn't have bothered... And then i thought someone on here is bound to know!!

Proper excited!!

I thought camper tickets came out in April next year but I read the other day it would be sooner, as in this year!

It will be publicised and the advice is to treat it like ticket day and buy them asap. If you dont get them straight away, then hold your nerve as they do get re-released in the run up to the festival.

27th October!

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/worthy-view-tipis-and-campervan-caravan-fields-on-sale-on-thursday/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Glasto tickets secured, me and the wife talked about going for years and the bay arrival this year has spurned us into action!

27th in the diary to secure the camper ticket.

Re: taking kids, we've decided against it, but as they are under 12 if the weather looks amazing for the whole weekend we may bring them along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookie said:
Glasto tickets secured, me and the wife talked about going for years and the bay arrival this year has spurned us into action!

27th in the diary to secure the camper ticket.

Re: taking kids, we've decided against it, but as they are under 12 if the weather looks amazing for the whole weekend we may bring them along.

I see there is an option to stay at The Bath and Wells showground this year, I think the benefits are better ground and showers etc, but getting in and out of the festival will involve a shuttle bus trip, so its a decent walk to the gate and a 15 minute bus trip and some queuing. It would be do-able, but Id go for a campervan pass in East or West first, you still have to walk and go through the gate process, but it'll be less hassle.

I appreciate the chance to have an adult festival without the kids 8) , but if you do take them they will love it. Tons and tons of free cool stuff for them and very safe for them. :)

Thanks for the advice Clem. I'm not keen on the shuttle bus and to be honest I'll probably just not shower for a few days!

Kids are only 5 & 4 so we were thinking go this year so that we can plan better for when we do bring them.

Radiohead confirmed as Friday headliner. Expect Stone Roses* and Ed Sheeran as the others, probs Diana Ross as the Sunday legend slot. :)

* Edit that, no Stone Roses now :(

Yep, go the e-mail about the campervan ticket sale & yep, I have set a reminder on my phone for the sale on 27.10.2016.

For me, I have no interest in getting a shuttle bus to a completely different site to the festival, even if it does have showers & toilets, so we'll be applying for either the east or west areas.

My children are 11 & 9, so festival training has already started on good choices/bad choices with 9 year old daughter. For us its going to be more difficult to get someone to look after the kids from Thursday to Monday (get them to school etc) & as its free for under 12's - its as good as time as any for them to experience a festival. I'd love it just to be me & the old fella but the more i think about it, the more i like the idea of the kids going.

I hope this sale is less stressful than the actual tickets :shock:

YES ......Really hope the site does not crash again before the allotted time :shock: :shock:
Worked so well the past 3 years??? Cant wait.

J & P

Yes we managed to get tickets again and are looking forward to it. Just need to sort the Camper ticket on Thursday and then sit back and relax until June.

:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: GOT CAMPER TICKETS 8) 8) 8)

Another tick on Pippa's bucket list. And mine to be honest :lol: :lol: Cant wait.

J & P

We are going West CV as fancied a change. The website was a bit slow this year, took a while to get through. Actually started to get a little worried but all's well that ends well.
Bring it on.

In like Flynn Part 2 - got Campervan tickets for the East Campervan Family camping!!

I am soo chuffed that it has all come together, its quite a complicated system for buying tickets & again my phone on 4G got us to the booking page first.

Kids deffo going now & full steam ahead to get us & Razzle festival ready.

I see that you can't take generators with you. We have got access to a small quiet camping generator - does anyone sneak them in?

Cheers

B :) :shock: 8)

Good work getting camping passes everyone! :D

biddy2101 said:
I see that you can't take generators with you. We have got access to a small quiet camping generator - does anyone sneak them in?

My guess is that yes, they probably do, camper van fields are a pretty quiet and well behaved areas, but are also not seemingly policed to any large extent. I'd guess if you just used it in the day and its quiet you should be ok, the worst is that you'll be aksed/told to turn it off. (But the other part of me hates being next to generators so my instinct says no :lol: )

Latest posts