Has your bus got a name/

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICH-I-AM

Reaction score
Just wonderd how many of you have names for your bus :mrgreen: .

Mines called Pat :mrgreen: .
When i lost my nan (Pat)the Christmas before last she left me a little money. I sold my Rusty late Bay and baught the Bus i have now.
And hope to never have to sell it.
Love ya Nan

Rich

thats a nice story dude and money well spent i'm sure she would like to see you getting about and enjoying your bus :D .. but i dont NOT agree with naming cars/vans/busses/campers :lol: .is not a she either :mrgreen:

Nice story that 8)
Mine is from San Diego so the kids named it Calli the camper (not exactly original i know), funily we named our son Callum and he gets called Calli too, typical!

Just

SPLIFY cuse the reg is SPF and there was rizlers in fag tray and it was a surf bus and who ever painted the roof panel had to be on something :msn4: :lol: :lol:

hang on i might have got this all wrong ....... what we sayiny by name ? my bus is not called jane or dave, but i do call it the bang bus or piece of shit and things like that :lol:

The crewy is called Bell, sort for annabell named by the better half :) I dont always decide to name my VW's but it came about with the bugs. We had 6 at one point so i became easier to name them so we knew which one we were talking about :lol:

Gus................ as in Gus the Bus. Not named by me but the first owner. Letter came in ash tray explaining

"My name Is Gus, please look after me " etc

Would be rude not to continue with the name, after all if someone started calling me something different after the first 30 odd years i would be pretty cheesed off.

as I was driving back from picking it up was thinking along the lines of "faith" or "hope" :D

but no, no name for the bus that I know of, my little girl call's it "the camper bam" (she's 3 :mrgreen: )

Peggy

after the previous owners dead gran, there were spooky mass cards with her picture in the glove box, i was afraid to move them, im not superstitious or religious but you never know. its an old seamans superstition that if you change a name of a vessel it will bring bad luck.

my bug was called 'Dave', daft name but i found out the previous owners nickname was Trigger :50:

Gino aka The Funk

It had a magnet of Dino (The Flinstones dog) on the dash when i bought it and still does. I toyed with the idea of calling him that and i said to someone "its name is Dino" and she said "cool Gino is a great name". It stuck after that.

Johnny said:
Peggy

after the previous owners dead gran, there were spooky mass cards with her picture in the glove box, i was afraid to move them, im not superstitious or religious but you never know.

my bug was called 'Dave', daft name but i found out the previous owners nickname was Trigger :50:

Thats classic. Gotta love a bit of 'Dave' from Trigg

We named mine Marilyn, mainly cos the bus came from the US and its a beauty. It was a 60's bus aswell.

It's also called 'the beast' aswell. This is just something me and friends called it from doing painfull resto work when i first got it.

dubscum said:
thats a nice story dude and money well spent i'm sure she would like to see you getting about and enjoying your bus :D .. but i dont NOT agree with naming cars/vans/busses/campers :lol: .is not a she either :mrgreen:

AGREED,

My first van was called the Panel cos it was one,

my present ride is The 69 and they are non sexed animals :lol:

although i do stroke the dash on long journeys just to make sure i have no hiccups/meltdowns :lol:

The bus is called Poppy (because when i first got it, she used to pop all the time)

The notch is called Ralph as he is old and miss behaves!

When we 1st got our the daughter saw it and asked what the brown colouring was, told her it was rust so she called it The rusty bus. Over time its got shortened to Rusty and now its stuck.

Latest posts