Headlight issues

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slammed72

Reaction score
Hi guys ,

Need some help ??? I've just started checking the electrics over to make sure I'm sorted before mot in June, I've got an issue with just the front lights though.

Both side lights and dipped beams inop + the OS high beam is inop, any ideas ??? The windscreen was leaking (now fixed) so the relay is pretty crusty but seems okay on one side ??

Help before I kill something trying to fix it !!

Start with fuses, then relay and bulbs!
Mine has a pig of an intermittent issue where the dip and main beam and indicators and wipers stop... The fix is simply jiggle the fuse box!

I found that yesterday with mine but turned out to be an earth issue on the rear lamp and a corroded fuse in the 2nd fuse from the right as that's got a live feed for the wipers and hazard lights !!

Quick update :

Looks like the side lights issue was down to a poor quality bulb - replaced both side light bulbs with new t4 bulbs and all okay.

High beam seemed to be a joint effort of a poor earth and poor fuse board connection.

Just missing dipped beam if anyone can shed any light ????

Tried a new relay and still don't have dipped beams !!! So any one have any clues ??

Thanks in advance

Ad