Heater Defroster

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chucks

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a few questions which I'll say sorry now for as they've probably been asked many times. I did do a search but couldn't find my particular problem.

I just took delivery (it actually arrived on my birthday 10 days ago) of my very first VW - a 1969 T2 which came over from the USA about 4 years ago.

I took it out for a drive and while my body was a comfortable temperature my head was bleedin' roasting. The heat was coming from the defroster and no matter which way I moved the red and blue levers, it still pumped out warm to hot air. Is this a normal trait for these VWs? I opened the circular cool air vents and made an attempt to direct it to myself which helped a wee bit but it kind of defeats the purpose I suppose.
By the time I got home I looked like I'd been slowly roasted.

Cheers,
Charlie

Have a look at your heat exchangers, it might be that someone has wired the mechanism open so that they can have maximum heating through the winter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind if the warm air blew on my feet all the time because hot air rises anyway.

I hired/drove my first VW camper last October and it was the same... except my feet were freezing and my head toast.

What way should I manoeuvre the blue and red levers?

Cheers,

Charlie

If you want it to hit your feet make sure that the lever 2a in the pic above is in the up position and this then directs the heat downwards. Blue levers should be cold air, red warm and if the are in the up position the vents should be closed.

Latest posts