Heater hose - What size?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tintop

Reaction score
Hi all

I hope you can help, one of my hoses has corroded and fallen off but i don't know what diameter it should be (until i crawl under tha van), i'm at work and have the opportunity to nip out and get the hose, if i knew what size it is.

Right: I'll try and explain which bit it is.

If we move from the back of the bus to the front.

Heat echangers, heat exchanger connecting pipes, y pipe, large pipe runs through chassis to front, y pipe - main pipe to cab, small hose (the one i need to find the measurement for) which feeds the rear passenger compartment from the rear of the walkthrough floor.

I hope this makes sense.

the fixed outlet/inlets are 40mm mate,not available off the shelf so you need to improvise.Check out my thread to see if its any help....
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20783&hilit=+hose" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

good call Matt!! this looks like it might do the trick. the actual diameter of the steel outlet pipe is 40 mm so the extra 4mm off the internal diameter might be just right! even if its a bit loose,a wrap of ducting tape around the outlet before you attach the ducting would be OK!

up date - OK Tin top,I've bought a length of this stuff,I'll let you know how I get on to save you buying a length as well.I'll up date this thread when I try to fit it up & take pics if its OK.give us a couple of weeks though.

Cheers - Rob

Matt_B said:
Did you buy some of this Rob? Pictures?

Hi Matt - yeah I bought some,offered it up - its OK,just didn't have my camera with me & the bus is a few miles away. I will take some though next time I go.

Latest posts