Heater levers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juppster11

Reaction score
Hi

I've had my bus two years and still can't work out what's hot what's cold, should they be up or down? I got the two H and two C?? Can't find any links on here. Is it me being stupid! I know the exchangers and levers are all good

Ta [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Reds hot and Blues cold. Move them down to operate them. Don't forget there's also the lever at the side of the totem that directs the flow to either the windscreen or the footwell.

bluenose said:

That is a great read, cheers. It is basically what John Muir says too. However...

...this is not how mine is set up. Both hot levers work independently on my bus, and the totem control is via a lever on the side, not the RH dash control.

I know this is not the text-book set up, but it may be fairly common.

K

Heating......is that what those levers are for !!!
The only way I would ever get heat using the levers , was if I removed them , and heated them up with a blow torch .
Anyone ever fitted a log burner ?

mrs hoskins said:
Heating......is that what those levers are for !!!
The only way I would ever get heat using the levers , was if I removed them , and heated them up with a blow torch .
Anyone ever fitted a log burner ?

The best heat I have achieved was by accident; a cable snapped and I couldn't be arsed to replace it so I cable tied the flap open. Wow...proper heat :p

I have since replaced the cable, and it isn't quite as efficient, though it is a tad more convenient. :roll:

K

KevH said:
The best heat I have achieved was by accident; a cable snapped and I couldn't be arsed to replace it so I cable tied the flap open. Wow...proper heat :p

I have since replaced the cable, and it isn't quite as efficient, though it is a tad more convenient. :roll:

K

Sounds like it needs adjusting. With the levers right down they should be fully open.

Beetle heat exchangers?

I hear the lever arms on the exchangers are different? Dont ask me how, just what i hear...

Ive got some new cables coming so this is a job i'll be doing crawling around on my back very soon... joy.

Cheers
Jim

The bettle ones have the arm on the inside and they are extended down about half way. The bus ones are on the outside and sit on the pivot.

I got bettle ones and have had to wire them open.

Oh and the heat is awesome, I have to drive with the window or the flaps open! I'm even considering shutting one of the exchangers.

Latest posts