Hello from a newbie owner

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genie45

Reaction score
Having spent time reading through various posts learning about what the future holds restoring a USA Spec 1970 Westy I feel it is now time to introduce myself and post a picture of "MY BOY"

I am super excited today as he has just passed his MOT on my birthday, we are both 43 and will celebrate tonight.

genie45 said:
Having spent time reading through various posts learning about what the future holds restoring a USA Spec 1970 Westy I feel it is now time to introduce myself and post a picture of "MY BOY"

I am super excited today as he has just passed his MOT on my birthday, we are both 43 and will celebrate tonight.

Welcome to the forum, and to many happy years of bus ownership. let's have some pics please. :D

Kev

Nice van mate.

What's that thing on the back corner? Got holes in my panel in the same place, but don't know what used to go there.

fleeb1 said:
Nice van mate.

What's that thing on the back corner? Got holes in my panel in the same place, but don't know what used to go there.

Its an oil cooler apparently needed in hot climates, it has now been removed and put back to stock (whatever that means... :p ) for the MOT.

hi and welcome. seen this bus for sale. did you buy from nuneton by any chance??

Thanks guys, just looking forward to working on him and restoring his good looks, still can't decide if I want to restore to original colours etc

Anyway being a BH weekend should have plenty of time to clean assess and decide what should be done next.

stokeseys you could be right ;)

Hi Genie!

Nice Westy you have there, I'm a new owner too!

Looking forward to seeing how the resto goes :)

Lainey

Thanks Lainey,

I have been reading your posts and can fully understand how you feel, I am yet to get the van registered so have been unable to drive him on the roads but was super excited to have a little drive round in the car park the other day whilst people looked at me like I was nuts......ha ha they are probably right. :p

Nice van, and thanks for explaining the oil cooler mullarky. Not the most attractive feature but necessary in the States I guess :) .

Any idea what the original colour was? Your M plate will tell you the codes (behind the NS seat, hopefully).

Kev

Hi Kev,

You are right it was ugly but must have been necessary I guess, I am just happy it has now gone just the holes to remind me.

I am lucky enough to have the original sales receipt so know that it would have been pearl white back in 1970, I do think the white is nice a feel it should be put back to original its just that before I bought this one I had only noticed buses with white above the window line and a stronger colour below so always assumed I would have the same.

Anyway so far I have only been able to work on the fibreglass roof rack while the bus has been having work done for the MOT so will post some pictures of my progress so far.

WP_20130807_002_zpse3229d3f.jpg
[/URL]

Roof rack before

The inside painted with a brush and multi surface paint, the outside will be sprayed once I have prepared the front hinged pop top, though I would practice my skill on the least important bit, I'm happy with the results for a 1st attempt so hope I can get even better results on the other parts especially as it is seen from both sides.

Latest posts