Help need with timing..........

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweat69

Reaction score
I have just fitted a 123 ignition system and i can not get the bus to run any sense.
I have put the leads on the dizzy cap in the correct firing order and put the pulley at tdc and the rotor arm is pointing at no 1 lead so it should fire? Or is there any one near gillingham dorset who can help me. :roll: Cheers. :mrgreen:

Sorry to ask the obvious, but are both leads from the 123 connected correctly to the coil? :)
Also, have you tried doing the initial set up as per the manual, where you rotate until you just see the green light inside?

A5H said:
Sorry to ask the obvious, but are both leads from the 123 connected correctly to the coil? :)
Also, have you tried doing the initial set up as per the manual, where you rotate until you just see the green light inside?

Yes I done as per manual but it still misfired checked the plugs and cleaned them set the rocker gap 0.15mm.

Hi!

I'm in Gill...........Let me know via pm, and I'll pop round one eve......

I don;t know anything about a 123, but 2 heads are better than one. I also have a new coil and some spare plug leads if you need to isolate those 2 areas. Got a timing gun and colourtune too.

Cheers!

Alistair

cyberdyne systems said:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16407 this member is using the system so maybe you can get some advice?

Gareth

sweat69 said:
I have just fitted a 123 ignition system and i can not get the bus to run any sense.
I have put the leads on the dizzy cap in the correct firing order and put the pulley at tdc and the rotor arm is pointing at no 1 lead so it should fire? Or is there any one near gillingham dorset who can help me. :roll: Cheers. :mrgreen:

Holy old thread post Batman!! Hopefully after 4 and a half years he's got it running by now! ;) :lol:

Alistair

sweat69 said:
Yea still running fine starts on the button everytime.
have not touched it since fitted.

So it's reliable then, after all these years? Must admit, it's tempting to get one......

What other spec on the engine ar you running?

Alistair

Latest posts