How big is a bus ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snoopy11

Reaction score
Hi all. I am new on here and have only got into VW's in the last couple of years.
Although I have a fairly large single garage it has an up and over door. My question is, how big is a bus ?.. Before I rush our to buy one I need to see if I can store it.

hi dude here is a link with some measurements hope this helps http://www.devonmoonraker.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/devon-moonraker.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've just had a garage built for my new van with eaves 7' 6'' high. This gives plenty of headroom for the van even when not lowered. Happy to let you have details / pics if you need them.

A couple of years ago I spent several hours tidying my mums garage out of years of crap so I could store my van in it over winter. just fitted in at 205cm tall (westy pop top and stock at the time).....but the up and over door wouldn't close!

garageshot.jpg

Normal swing doors would give you more clearance if needed. Good luck :D

A mildly lowered (drop spindles etc) tintop bus fits easily into a standard up and over doored garage. a Westy poptop needs slamming to make it fit!

Not sure if my garage is standard height, the door is up and over, it's jacked up a foot on axle stands (westie poptop too) and I can close the garage door.
cc84131f.jpg

I have to dismantle the door catch on mine to get the extra clearance. Better than last garage which needed tyres flattened and all my mates to sit in back to squeeze it in. ok for twice a year for winter storage but not practical other than that.

Remember, you can change to side hinge doors which give you loads more clearance than up and over.

And there is lowering!!

Mine is a devon pop top by the way.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hi,

If you can get under an up and over garage door... you'll need to be able to get about 60cm back from the door so that it will close.... which means all the junk at the back of the garage needs to be found a new home ... a metal shed from Argos was a quarter of the price quoted for side hinged garage doors

Thanks for replies..

Door is 1.98m to underside of handle when the door is open.
Garage is 5.500m long to pile of junk at the back.

Latest posts