How narrow to go?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

69rhdpanel

Reaction score
i have got end plates to narrow my 70 bay beam.
i will be adding adjusters and dropped spindles so will be going low. i will be running 165/65 and 185/65 tyres on 14" steels.
obviously i can only do this one so im not sure how narrow to go, 2 or 4 inch. i like the tucked look but ive seen some that look too narrow. is there anyone running 4inch beam with 14" steels that could post a pic.
thanks

Here is Slammed's van On 14" Steels , Possibly a 5 inch beam

100_2462.jpg

Here is mine on 15" Steels but on a 2 inch beam

100_2146.jpg

Hope this helps mate ;)

Aye, mine is a 5 inch narrowed splitty beam, but they are narrower than bay beams anyway so its more like 6 inches narrower than stock.

Blatant thread hijack.........soz

can you fella's with narrow beams please post me a pic or two of your top shock mounts on this thread http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36719" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you please ;)

Thanks for the photos guys.
i think 4 inch it is then. the early bays iv seen that seem to be very narrow must be running split beams. i now know what i will be doing this weekend, lowering my bay. i need to do this first so i can get it in and out my garage while i get on with the resto.

100mm seemed too narrow to me, which is why I went 30mm possibly nearer 35mm off each side - that way I could accommodate weird offset porsche rims....

but you seem to only be able to get 50mm or 100mm off the shelf

Im going for a 3 inch beam as i will be running 14" steels with 165 65 tyres so will look just as tucked as 4 inch beam with alloys fitted.
will be starting a bulid thread for my bay that will include the beam build.
still clearing my garage so i can have room to work but my camper will be worked on outside or just pushed in to the front under the door to work on.
im putting it off a little because of the cold but i need to crack on and get some work done before the snow hits.

both my buses run slamwerks 4" king/link pin beam. But there measure closer to 6"
the westie on standard 14" steels
jeeperscreepersbusinslamwerksoutside.jpg

7d15cd2c.jpg

ba9cef43.jpg

79b0f613.jpg

5045bb95.jpg

the bang bus (same set up)
050-3.jpg

013-16.jpg

009-24.jpg

Latest posts